26.1.11

Trees Are Best. Fact.




After finishing my tree book a good while ago and then losing most of it from my hard drive, this moment has felt like a long time coming! It feels amazing to finally have the book hand bound and available for sale as well as a selection of badges, handmade notebooks and leaf garlands all inspired by the original book.

As a lover of all things tree, I was daydreaming about them one sunny day, listing all the things about them I liked. In my head it sounded quite a childish list and I imagined myself as a school kid arguing with a friend about why trees were "way better than diggers". An irrational argument maybe but it didn't stop the images flowing into my head and onto the page. The images are quite varied in style as I wanted the overall book to have a sketchbook feel with a child's doodlings and represent the way their imaginations whizz from one place to another.

I have hand bound each section along the spine with different shades of green and packaged it with a nice spotty green ribbon.

I hope you like them, you can see them here.


Journal



Badges



2 comments: